What is coursework?
The definition of coursework is ridiculously simple – it is a work required to complete a certain stage in education. Courseworks can be written by pupils to graduate from school and to receive certain qualification (e.g., GCSE or A-level) or by students to graduate from university or other academic institution. In terms of its form, coursework can be an extended essay, a project, a research, etc. – it depends on the subject the work is dedicated to. However, all the courseworks have one particular aim: they are supposed to show student’s abilities to explore, investigate, and analyze the chosen topic within a specific area of knowledge. Hence, when writing coursework a student is supposed to conduct an independent research and to give an in-depth explanation of the topic. Usually, the mark received for coursework is added to the exams and contributes to the overall grade. However, for some programmes and institutions coursework is enough to prove the academic skills of a student.
How to write a college coursework
For a student to succeed the answer to a question “What is coursework?” is not enough. A decent coursework is the result of multiple factors: careful planning, in-depth analysis, data-gathering and writing skills – these aspects are of the paramount importance when it comes to coursework writing. To be productive and to achieve the desired outcome a student has to follow certain guidelines aimed at simplifying and improving the research process:
- Choose the topic that meets requirements of the institution and fits your interests. It is better not to concentrate on too narrow or too vast topic.
- Plan the work process carefully and keep all the deadlines in mind as it is extremely hard to write a decent work at the last minute.
- Conduct the research and gather the data. Consult as many relevant sources of information as possible – you never know which one will give you an innovative insight into the topic. In addition, if the data has to be gathered in a field enough time should be dedicated to this stage.
- Prepare an outline of the work and plan the structure you will follow throughout the whole paper.
- Write the work.
- Enrich the work with images, graphs, tables, charts, etc. to visualize the results and make them clearer. However, there is no need in including huge tables or a few dozens of images directly in the text of the work: it is recommended to place extended supporting materials at the end of the work – in appendices.
- Prove your thoughts with quotes from other sources and remember to make a correct footnote indicating the source, otherwise, you might be accused of plagiarism. Also, when the work is done prepare an exhaustive list of materials used and include it in the bibliography section of your work.
- Check the work before submitting it:
- make sure that your work makes sense, that it is logical and consistent;
- check if you managed to keep the word limits;
- dedicate some time to check the grammar and spelling;
- check the formatting: although familiarity with the word count, citation style, fonts, line spacing, etc. seems to be not as important as the content of coursework but, ultimately, it also influences the final assessment of the work;
- look through a bibliography list to be sure all the sources are included.
Hence, a student has to follow certain rules and limitations imposed by the academic institution. One of the core aspects to keep in mind is that a plagiarism is never an option as when being detected it leads not only to a failure of completing the assignment and spoiled reputation but might also result in a situation when a student in expelled from school. The work is supposed to be authentic and all the materials from external sources are to be indicated in the list of works consulted.
Also, for a student it is crucial to remember that a supervising tutor is not in charge of the whole coursework: his role is to guide a student and to give certain hints on how to improve the work and to make it more valuable from the academic perspective.
Looking for a coursework help
Although from the very first days in university all the students know they are expected to prepare college coursework, the need to write the work emerges unexpectedly. Hence, some students might be overwhelmed by other duties, courses, work, personal affairs and might have not enough time to write deep and valuable research. If a student finds himself in such situation the need to ask for coursework help becomes obvious.
To the delight of the active and busy students, there are numerous online platforms ready to take the brunt of the work. Essay-Company.com is coursework writing service that offers the variety of assistance options for the reasonable price. And, taking into consideration a high demand, coursework writing is among the services provided. When a student makes an order and indicates all the requirements to the work, Essay-Company.com selects a talented author who possesses the required expertise to write an in-depth analysis of the topic and delegates the task. The work is always confidential, is delivered on time for the student to meet the deadline and is 100% authentic and plagiarism-free. So, the student does not have to worry about the quality of the paper he hands to the tutor and, in addition, he can be sure his reputation will remain unspoiled.